Friday, August 17, 2012

Welcome!

Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my blog! I have started this blog as a way to stay in touch with friends and family afar as we are now living in a very rural area, away from the some of the ones I care most about! This is a fun, creative way for me to stay in touch with everyone and share some of our adventures!
I thought this would be a great thing for my girls to look back on and be able to read. I hope to record most of our adventures on this blog! I chose the name Rural Blessings for this blog b/c this past year has been an awakening period for me as far as my faith and family are concerned. I feel that God brought me here on purpose....to slow down and appreciate all the blessings I have in my life! I grew up outside of a big city, and have moved into what must be one of the smallest towns in America. I can't say I came willingly, but now I would not leave willingly! God has to be drastic with me so I understand, and so He sent me to a town where there is only one grocery store, one school and no stop lights! Let me say, if your going to learn to just relax and appreciate the things that matter most, this is the place to do just that! It has been a blessing for me to go from city slicker, to country gal this past year....to raising chickens, tending my first garden, hauling firewood and now trying to convince my hubby we need a horse!I am also trying to resist the calling God keeps tugging on my heart, which is to homeschool my children. I never thought I would be consdiering this, and now even though I try to fight it, in my heart I am feeling it's the best thing to do. I don't know that I could have learned to slow down without being forced to live here, but I am forever graetful that I am learning these lessons while my girls are little!
I hope you enjoy reading along with this Crazytown adventure that is our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment