Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ice skating is not our thing!

I like to think of myself as pretty athletic. But, yesterday's trip to the ice skating rink proved otherwise! In my defense, the skates to choose from were VERY old, and I couldn't find my size, so I just went with a big pair of men's skates! I have ice skated before without too much trouble, but this time I could not even walk out onto the ice!
 
It took me about 10 minutes to make it from that little blue shed behind me, to the wall to get into the ice rink. Riley could not make it, so she crawled her way into the rink! Taylor got carried by Daddy to the rink, and managed to stand up the whole time!
 
 
So I made it to the door, but then started sliding backward and could not get in!
 
 
 
Still trying to get in the door!


 
Okay, one foot is in! Riley fell down!

 
Okay, I'm in, but not able to let go of the wall at all...

 
Even when one of my loved ones needed me....

 
 
 
That's enough, we're going to crawl our way back to the shed!
 

 
 
On the way home I decided to take some of my aggression out with my early Valentines Day present from my hubby....my very first pistol!



 
And this last picture does not fit into any of the above stories, except that I found this at the store, and my hubby rolled his eyes at spending $3 on this thing, but Taylor loves to eat her hot dogs out of it! So cute!!!

 

 
That is all for now from the frozen tundra!

4 comments:

  1. This whole post makes me smile! We took the kids to the ice skating rink in Hidalgo over Christmas break. It was hilarious. Ben and I just watched, but Evan, Emmett and Corrie circled around - slowly. Emmett's actually a great skater, but the kids were pretty wobbly. And I love the wiener dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, thanks Deb! It was hillarious! I really think I could have done better if I had on decent skates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff and I just saw the hot dog dish and I commented how cute that would be for the girls! So it looks like you should hang up the skates and stick to basketball. Looks like you all had fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it was a good time! The girls laughed a lot, even though we didn't do much skating!

    ReplyDelete